Friday, June 09, 2006

Little Moments

So today, I met with my new individual therapist. She's a keeper. I think I'll do well with her. Anyhow, we were talking about Henry, and the loss of my grandfather last year. We talked about God. She's a Christian.

I told her this story and I wanted to share it with y'all.

Yesterday evening, as we were on our way to an impromptu Reds game, this was the conversation between Ethan and I, with Aaron listening.

E-- "I miss Lenny (our old cat)."

J-- "I know, honey. Sometimes I miss Grandpa Duck a lot too."

E--"When will Lenny and Grandpa Duck and Baby Henry come back from Heaven?"

J--"Well honey, they won't. When you go to heaven, you don't want to come back to earth because you like being with God."

Silence.

E--"Oh. But when God and Jesus come again, we'll see them, right?"

J and A look at each other, wondering where THIS is going.

J--"Right."

E-- "And when God and Jesus come again, it will be the end of the days, right?"

J and A look at each other in confusion--- having NEVER talked with E about their beliefs as far as the end of time, and Jesus' return. And knowing that he's not learned about that section of theology in Sunday School...

J--"That's right, honey. How did you know that?"

E--"I dreamed it at rest time today."


Back to me here.

My therapist said that it's amazing how God reaches down to us, talks to us in ways that we can understand and listen. I agree.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

AAAAAAHHHHH, WOW! I have goosebumps.

(I keep jumping back on the computer--didn't want you to think I've been sitting here for HOURS!!)C

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Darth Shan said...

uh... any thoughts that Hethan going end up in the ministry ?

Pretty heavy dream for a pre-kindergartern kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home