Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Off to Heal

I feel a little guilty. I'm leaving Aaron alone for 7 days.

I'm flying to Georgia tonight. Staying the night with some friends, then hitching a ride up to my hometown, two hours north of Atlanta. I'll stay at my grandmother's house until Sunday or Monday, and then hitch a ride to Columbia, S.C. to be with Aaron's parents and the Hethan. We'll all fly back to Ohio on the 15th.

For me, it will hopefully be a time of healing. Going to my home in the mountains always soothes my soul. I look forward to seeing my childhood best friend (still my best friend today), my grandmothers, my mom and step dad, my step-siblings, and my brother and his wife. Most especially, I look forward to Mom, Gma, Jenni, and Jon. I don't have to pretend in front of them. And then I can get my Hethan hugs and cuddles in S.C.

But back to feeling guilty. Aaron will be all alone for 7 days. I worry about him, though he reassures me that he needs some time alone to grieve. So I'm going to trust him. But I still feel guilty.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Martiel said...

Everyone heals differently and in their time frame and transitions of emotion...Think of this to overcome "your guilt". He will be grieving on his own down time, and then again with you, together, when you get back. Enjoy your family time and absorb their loving hugs, and breath it all in.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Chad B. said...

hope you had a safe trip


-c

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger sarah cool said...

I'm glad, Jenette! You have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your family. Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home