Tuesday, February 07, 2006

First Post

Most of my Musings readers know what we've been dealing with lately. Making the choice to end our pregnancy because our child was not viable was a hard choice. Though I know it made sense logically and humanely, it made no sense emotionally.

I like writing about my thoughts. I don't do so well when it comes to speaking about our loss just yet. Everyone has offered to be there, to be an ear, a shoulder, whatever part of the body we need. And I really love that. I wish I could take them up on it. The problem is, I find that I have no spoken words to express my grief. When I begin to talk, I start to cry. And when I start to cry, I just kinda lose it. So I can write, and if I cry, I can take a break.

People want to know how we're doing. All I can say is that we're breathing. Aaron says that we're doing as well as can be expected. It's true. I don't necessarily want to be honest when people ask me how I'm doing. If I answered every person honestly, it would be something like this: "I start each day wondering if everything was a dream. By the time I've showered and gotten dressed, I realise that it wasn't a dream. By the time I get some food in me, I've come to terms with my loss for a while. By the time midafternoon rolls around, I'm starting to feel confused. By the time 6 pm rolls around, it's an effort to breathe, much less speak. By the time I get to bed, all I want to do is cry." That's the honest answer. Each moment is different.

I get sick of crying. I get sick of thinking about everything. It just makes me mad. I just want to kick someone or something. I just want to be finished with this whole process. I don't want to cry anymore. I want everything to be ok again. I just don't know how to make it ok again.

I hope someday that they come up with a cure for Potter's Syndrome. I hope they can identify the genes that cause it. I pray that no one else that I know ever has to go through this heartbreak. Losing a child, whether it is a "live" child, or a child in utero, has got to be the hardest thing on a family ever.

Breathe.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Martiel said...

Beautiful idea starting this blog, to type out your feelings, and I hope this blog helps you heal. Aaron should do the same and start a blog.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Jenette, I commented on your Musings blog when you posted last week...

Starting this blog is a great idea. Our daughter, Sara, had P.S. in 1992 and her birth day is around the corner. I think of you every day. Please know that you are in my prayers. I know that we can never fully empathise with someone's experience, but we share some details; many hugs {} C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home